Monday, September 27, 2010

We've got the wintery goods!

Well, Sew Dandee is now FULLY STOCKED in wintery wear and accessories! Come check out our great mitts, scarves, hats, leg warmers, arm warmers, hooded scarves, neck warmers and winter headbands and of course all the great coats and jackets!! I'm trying to find someone who makes cool ear muffs this year too so I'll be sure to keep you posted on any progess I make in my search.


And this past weekend marked the completion, installation and tear down of a project that is very dear to my heart: Knitting the Bridge! It was a HUGE success with almost enough knitting to cover the length of the bridge THREE times!! I had such a great time working on this project over that past several weeks and am so grateful to have met so many creative and awesome people. All of our work will be on display at the Manitoba Craft Museum at 183 Kennedy downtown for now but may be shipped off to another museum to be displayed. If you didn't get a chance to get down to the bridge to see our work, here's a shot that will give you an idea of it's awesomeness!

And here are a few other shots of us working it at the Sals on the bridge!



2 comments:

Tawny said...

The bridge looks terrific! Great job to all involved!

And good luck on your hunt for some handmade earmuffs. I've been toying with an upcycled earmuff pattern for this winter season (only have one pair listed at Tawny Bee for now), but maybe upcycled might be the way to go?

Dandee said...

Yeah I was thinking of trying to use a hard headband and crocheting over top of it or something like that. Let me know if you come up with anything!